This course is designed for conservation practitioners who want to design and deliver a species conservation planning process involving a multi-stakeholder workshop or workshops. The processes, tools, and skills covered during this course are broadly relevant to those wanting to improve their management of group problem-solving, decision-making, and planning.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of the facilitator in achieving consensual decision-making
- Demonstrate how to facilitate an open discussion and run a meeting or workshop process
- Conduct stakeholder analyses and run open discussions within multi-stakeholder workshops
- Follow the IUCN SSC Conservation Planning Specialist Group's (CPSG) workshop planning and facilitation process
- Select and apply facilitation tools and skills to help groups solve problems, make decisions, and develop plans
Duration: 6 weeks; 4-6 hours per week
Start: February 18
This course is currently offered by invitation only.